Awnings give homeowners greater versatility in using their outdoor spaces. With various colors and styles to choose from, having an awning installed will complement your home’s exterior while protecting you and your family from rain, snow, and sun. We find that many homeowners aren’t sure where to start in designing and selecting the perfect outdoor awning.
Winter is the perfect time to begin planning for your new awning! While most homeowners think about extending their living space during the warmer months of the year, the rainy and snowy seasons provide good information about how the awning can add more useable space during the winter. Plus, we can get all the materials ordered, assembled, and installed, so you’re ready to go with your new outdoor area as soon as the sunny days of spring return.
Here are some helpful tips to kick off the process to add an awning to your home.
- Define the awning’s purpose. This may seem obvious, but make sure you are clear about why you want an awning. Different styles or fabrics may work better for you if you wish to create a protected area for outdoor cooking when it rains versus shielding a seating area from the bright sun during the heat of the summer. While most awnings are multi-purpose, our team can help you choose the best solution when we know what your priorities are.
- Determine how much area you want to be protected instead of the size of the awning. Because of the slant of rainfall and the sun’s movements, the size of the protected area is rarely precisely the same as the size of the canopy above it. Show us a sketch, including measurements of the site you want to be protected. Our team will work with you to determine the best shape and dimensions of a canopy to provide the most protection for the area.
- Choose the best fabrics your budget will allow. We’re fortunate to have access to highly durable fabrics and materials that will last for many years. Investing in quality fabric that’s treated to prevent fading and weathering and then maintaining it regularly will pay off with an awning that looks beautiful season after season.
- Don’t lock yourself into assumptions. If the thoughts, “there’s no way an awning will fit there” or “I have no idea how an awning could be attached over this deck” come to mind, set them aside! Our team is experienced with finding the perfect awning solution for any exterior location. You decide what you want to accomplish, and our staff will figure out how to bring your dream to life.
- Select an awning company with a proven track record. Today, you can buy just about anything from an online shopping portal, but there are no assurances of actual quality or support if you need it. At Deluxe Awning, we know our community well because we’ve been in business in Southern Oregon since 1982. We’ll meet with you at your home to best understand your specific needs and help you select the option that best fits your desires and budget. All of our work is hand-crafted and guaranteed to meet your satisfaction.
Adding an awning to your home’s exterior is simple when you hire Deluxe Awning Company.
Regardless of the type of awning you decide upon, you’ll find styles, colors, and fabrics available to showcase your home or business. What’s most important is that you select a vendor who uses only quality materials and will stand behind their craftsmanship, like Deluxe Awning Company. Contact us today to learn how easy it is to add an awning to your doors and windows.