You may have heard you should never choose a book by its cover, but as it turns out, almost all humans do. In fact, customers are deciding whether or not to shop with you depending on your company’s cover: your building’s exterior appearance.
Did you know 95% of consumers develop an opinion about the quality of a business based on its exterior appearance? That means almost all customers will decide whether or not to do business with a company based on what the front entrance looks like. 80% of people are willing to try a new business if the exterior looks clean, safe, and appealing.
What can you do to improve the look of your business from the street?
- Keep it clean. Just as you vacuum carpets, dust shelves, and clean display cases, the exterior of your location needs a daily spruce up. Make it a habit to sweep the entranceway and sidewalk, pick up trash, prune and weed landscaping, and wash glass on doors and windows.
- Make it safe. Customers don’t like walking into shadows. Check lamps regularly to make sure they are lit appropriately, add more lighting as needed, trim back shrubs and trees, and remove obstructions from the area.
- Promote it. Ensure store signage is visible and reflects your current branding, replace any worn or faded window signs, and check to see if the store hours are visible and accurate. Remove old advertisements or notices promptly.
- Maintain it. Create a schedule to regularly examine downspouts, gutters, roofing structures, siding, and other outdoor elements to ensure everything is in good working order and looks great.
- Update it. Look at prominent retail spaces in your neighborhood to get ideas about updating the appearance of your business, so customers know your product is relevant and modern. A fresh coat of paint can do wonders for attracting new customers.
Awnings and shades are a great way to make the entrance to your business attractive and safe.
Whether the sun is beating down or raindrops are falling from all directions, awnings and shades make it more convenient for customers to enter your business. Today, there are many styles of awnings and shades to choose from to fit the shape and style of your building while also reflecting your company’s brand. A quality awning will last for decades while promoting your business and protecting your customers from the elements.
Deluxe Awning Company is your local leader for the best awnings for your business. Our professional team will work with you at your site to assess your needs and design the perfect structure for your location. With Deluxe Awning at your side, you’ll rest easy knowing you’ll have a beautiful and functional awning that will bring more customers to your business. Contact us today to get started.