Winter is the perfect time to think about adding an awning to your company’s exterior. It’s easy to see how a good awning would benefit your customers when the skies are gray and snow and rain are pelting down from the skies. Your customers shouldn’t have to suffer just because it’s blustery outside. Commercial awnings provide many opportunities for businesses, from protecting front entranceways to adding room for outdoor dining. If you’re considering making improvements to your building, here are a few tips from the experts at Deluxe Awning Company for choosing a commercial awning for your business.
What to consider when choosing a commercial awning:
- What problems are you trying to solve? Observing what’s happening outside of your business during various weather conditions will help you decide what type of awning you’ll need. For example, is your biggest problem that customers are getting soaked during the winter as they walk from their cars to your front door? Or is it that you don’t have enough indoor seating during the winter for your brunch crowd? By thinking specifically about the problems you want to solve with an awning, you’ll get sound recommendations about selections that will create the most significant improvements for your customers.
- What weather conditions are your business susceptible to? Weather conditions can vary from one street to the next in the same community. Depending upon where your building is located, you could be exposed to extreme sunlight in the summer or strong gusts of wind in the fall and winter. These conditions will make a difference as you select the best frame and material for your awning.
- Does your community or building owner have restrictions you must adhere to? Before you start shopping for an awning, it’s essential to know what rules are in place to limit what you can and can’t install on the exterior of your business. Check with local municipal codes and ask your building owner for specific information. When you work with a professional manufacturer like Deluxe Awning Company, their staff will help ensure your awnings meet all these requirements.
- How will the awning be an extension of your brand? Everything about the appearance of your business should be aligned with your brand. From colors to structure shape and the materials used, the awning should accentuate your brand promise to everyone who sees it. Today, it’s possible to match your brand’s color scheme and add custom artwork and logos to make your awning look like a true extension of your business.
- Will extending and retracting the awning be useful? Sometimes you want an awning in place 100% of the time, and fixed awnings work well in those cases. For example, many front door awnings are fixed because they are helpful in all conditions and improve the look of the company’s entrance. However, there are opportunities to add awnings that can be extended or retracted based on the day. For example, a retractable awning can provide a comfortable outdoor dining area when the sun’s rays are intense but then opened later in the day so guests can enjoy relaxing under the twilight skies.
If your work plans include choosing a commercial awning for your building, talk with the pros at Deluxe Awning Company.
We’re proud to be a local business serving our community since 1982. Over the years, Deluxe Awning Company has grown to become an area leader in home and commercial awnings. We believe in personalized service and putting our customers first. No matter how large or small your project is, you can rest assured you’ll receive full attention from our professional team. Contact us today to see how easy it is to get started.