If you’re like many homeowners, you likely decided you were interested in an awning for your back deck or patio the last time you were stuck sitting in the hot sun trying to enjoy your outdoor dinner. Or, perhaps you have gotten tired of wet and rainy conditions in April and May and would enjoy having a covered area where you could relax and get some fresh air without getting soaked.
Fixed and retractable awnings for large living spaces are one of the homeowners’ primary desires. Yet, a professional awning company like Deluxe Awning Company can help you evaluate all the areas around your home where an awning will increase its value and bring you greater comfort.
Five Great Places to Put Awnings
- Over Your Front Door. Just like the entrance to your favorite store, the access to your home makes a statement about you. Awnings can be custom designed to complement the exterior of any home style and either stand out with a “wow” value or blend into the rest of your home’s features. By covering your front door with an awning, you’ll give your guests a dry and shaded place to wait when they arrive at your house. Also, it will protect your front door from the elements like sun and rain–giving your door many more years of life.
- Over Your Back Door. If your back door isn’t already covered by the awning over your patio or deck, you may want to consider adding a functional awning here, as well. Also, many homes have exposed side doors from a garage or utility room. There are many economical options available that are not as elaborate as those for a front entranceway that still provides good protection from weather conditions.
- Side Windows. One advantage of working with a professional awning company is that the staff can identify windows on your home that may be receiving too much heat from the sun and help you understand the benefit of adding an awning. In some cases, a modest traditional awning may work best, and there are many options available to complement every home’s style. However, many other solutions are available, including solar screens that allow you to see out but stop the sun from penetrating inside.
- Over Your Hot Tub. Sure, you may enjoy relaxing in your hot tub and viewing the stars at night, but wouldn’t you like to enjoy it when it’s raining, snowing, or even sunny? A retractable shade on a pergola may be the perfect solution.
- Over a Walkway. If you have a detached garage, a “she-shed,” or other out-building, consider how nice it would be to have a covered walkway. A professional awning company can custom design awnings to fit your unique needs.
You’ll find the perfect solutions for your outdoor living space dreams at Deluxe Awning Company.
At Deluxe Awning Company, we help homeowners create their ultimate outdoor living spaces with superior solutions for retractable awnings and more. Our team will work with you to evaluate your space, understand your goals, and discuss the options that will be best for you.
We’re a small family business serving Southern Oregon for 39 years. We specialize in quality custom canvas awnings for homes and businesses, and we’re confident you’ll be wildly satisfied with the workmanship behind your new Deluxe Awning. Contact us today to learn how easy adding a retractable screen or awning to your doors, windows, or patio is.